Friday 28 March 2014

Cristiano Ronaldo is named an Emirates global ambassador


“It's the best airline in the world and I am proud to be part of this family”, stated Real Madrid's striker.

Cristiano Ronaldo was named a global ambassador of Emirates in an event that took place in the press room at the Alfredo Di Stéfano stadium. The Portuguese striker, who shares the honour with Pelé, declared: “It's the best airline in the world and I am proud to be part of the Emirates family”. Before the end of the event, Ronaldo received a model of an A380 plane and presented Fernando Suárez de Góngora, the company's director in Spain, with a Real Madrid shirt he had signed.

Cristiano Ronaldo also spoke about the fun advert he filmed with Pelé for the occasion: “It was very special and good fun. I had a great time and the advert shows that it was fun to film. Filming on a plane was fantastic. I really want to fly on that plane again. The quality is astonishing. Being with a legend like Pelé is spectacular. Generations change and he belonged to a fantastic generation. I was able to show him the respect we have for his generation. Pelé always set an example to me”.

“People have to follow their dreams. It's not easy. It is good to want it and you have to work constantly. I love being a footballer and the most important thing is to be yourself”.

“When I was a kid I looked up to the players in the Portugal team and I wanted to be like them. My goal was to play for Portugal like Figo and Rui Costa. I played my first match at 18”.

Portugal at the World Cup
“We have a good team but you also have Spain, Brazil, Germany and Argentina. They are all favourites and that is good for us because there is no pressure on us. I am very confident, but we are going to take it step by step and match by match. The match against Germany will be difficult, but I think we can have a good World Cup”.

“I'll try and watch as many matches as I can. It's a fantastic competition in one month. We'll be following Brazil and above all Spain, where I have a lot of friends”.

No comments:

Post a Comment