Tuesday 7 January 2014

Cristiano Ronaldo: "Eusebio helped me a lot and my two goals are for him"


"Bale and Jesé changed the match and get my congratulations", said the Real Madrid forward

Cristiano Ronaldo scored twice to help Real Madrid to the win against Celta Vigo. The Whites’ forward dedicated his goals to someone in particular: "The goals are for Eusebio. I was very close to him and he helped me a lot. He is a legend for me and today is a sad day". Ronaldo spoke about the team's win in the first official match of 2014: "It was important to start the year in the best way possible and the priority was to win and we that did well". He also spoke about the performance of Bale and Jesé: "They changed the match".
The Real Madrid forward spoke about the hard-fought win: "It was a difficult match because they parked the bus at the back in the first half. Things went well in the second half and we were able to score three goals. The priority was to win and we won well. I am also very happy with my two goals". One of the keys to change the course of the match was when Jesé and Bale came on, about which Cristiano Ronaldo said:"They changed the match. It's good for Real Madrid because you can see the options that we have on the field and on the bench. Competition is good and they did very well when they came on and get my congratulations".

Cristiano Ronaldo said that the aim is to catch up with their main rivals: "We need to do better and have to keep working hard. The season is long and we want catch up with them and then go ahead". When asked about who he’d rather win the match between Atlético Madrid and Barcelona in the next matchday, he said: "I have no preference. At least one of them will lose points, but we have to win our matches". He also spoke about Di María: "I think he did well and fought hard".

Finally, the Portuguese, who hopes for "a lot of success in 2014", remembered his fellow Portuguese, Eusebio, and dedicated his two goals to him: "I appreciate the tribute that the stadium and Spain have paid to him. To feel the warmth of Spain and the rest of the world is very important. I was very close to him and he helped me a lot. He is a legend for me and today is a sad day, and obviously, the goals were for him".

No comments:

Post a Comment