Tuesday 14 January 2014

Cristiano Ronaldo: “It’s an award I won because of my teammates”


“Those who know me know the struggle I’ve had all year to be at a top level and compete with the best”, said the Portuguese striker just moments after winning the Ballon d’Or

Moments after receiving the Ballon d’Or an emotional Cristiano Ronaldo expressed his happiness for being named the best player in the world in 2013: “It’s an honour to win this award. It was an indescribable moment. I can’t explain it in words. I’ve had unforgettable experiences and a lot of emotions. I want to thank Real Madrid, my teammates in the club and the national team, those people who voted for me and those that love me”.
When asked the emotional moment he had when handed the trophy, Cristiano Ronaldo said:“These tears are genuine. Those who know me know the struggle I’ve had all year to be at a top level and compete with the best. This trophy is also for everyone who supports me. Now I want to keep working and this award will motivate me even more”.

The forward concluded by discussing his plans for celebrating the award: “It's an individual award, but I won because of my teammates. I’m going to celebrate in Madrid with the people who love me and with champagne”.

No comments:

Post a Comment